Dealer Reviews Content Guidelines
CarGurus strongly believes in transparency in car shopping. We're confident any transaction between a car shopper and a dealership will be easier and more pleasant if that shopper and dealership communicate openly and honestly with each other before and after the transaction.
We let car shoppers publicly review dealerships they've worked with while they're shopping for a car, and we allow dealerships to respond to those reviews directly. In order to ensure high-quality reviews, we invite only those shoppers who have recently interacted with a dealership to review that dealership.
If you plan to post a review, here are some things to consider:
- Communication. Was the dealer quick to respond to your inquiry?
- Listing accuracy. Did the listing accurately describe the conditions of the vehicle?
- On-site experience. Was the car clean and ready for your test-drive?
- Customer service. Was the dealership staff friendly and accommodating?
- Overall impression. Would you recommend the dealer to your friends?
What we cannot publish:
- Accusations of criminal conduct
- Inappropriate language (We don't allow words that can't be said on prime-time TV)
- Personal attacks or discriminatory language
- Personal information such as full names, initials, credit info etc.
- All caps lettering
- Reviews that include a different dealer than the one you are submitting feedback for
- Comments that only reflect your experience with CarGurus and not the dealership
Each dealer review CarGurus receives gets screened and is usually posted within 1-2 business days. If we receive a review we can't publish for some reason, we invite the submitter to edit and re-submit it.